Which Visa You Must Apply to Move to Australia


Which Visa You Must Apply to Move to Australia

Do you have plans to migrate to Australia? It is always an exciting experience when planning to migrate to one of the most vibrant, energetic and incredible country in the world. For youngsters who are aiming for outstanding career, Australia is really the best place to move to. With a thriving economy, multiple Australia jobs including mechanical engineering jobs in Australia, world class cities, scenic locations, high standards of living and brilliant infrastructure, its little wonder that every talented person wants to immigrate to Australia.

What are the Key Challenges?

Most people get confused about Australia’s immigration system and how to apply for an Australian visa. The part that confuses people is the part of choosing the right occupation and the right visa category to apply through. Also, the Australian visa requirements is an issue for some while the Australian immigration requirements is an issue for others. However, it should not be hard. You can easily check through the high Demand Occupation Lists or the Skilled Occupation List to select the right occupation. Also, the right kind of visa can be selected by checking the visa categories available. All these can really be quizzy but can be made easier by employing an immigration agent to help.

How to Choose the Right Visa Category for Immigration to Australia?

There are several visas designed already by Australian government to invite skilled and talented immigrants into Australia. The skilled visas in Australia are based on the need of the labor market across the territories and states of Australia. The Australian skilled visa can be divided into 3:

  1. Non Sponsored Visas: – This visa is not sponsored by state or employer in Australia. For anyone to qualify for this, such just needs to meet all the requirements after which an EOI is submitted via the SkillSelect System. An example of this visa is the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa.
  2. State Sponsored Visas: – In this category, the candidate is nominated by the State or Territory in Australia the person is applying to. This is a standard requirement and must be met. Under State sponsored visas, there are two sub-categories and they include
    1. Permanent Residency Visa State Nominated Subclass 190 Visa
    2. Temporary Residency Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa
  3. Employer Sponsored Visas:- For a candidate to get this, such must have applied to an employer in Australia and must have been granted a job offer. There are two main sub-categories of the employer sponsored visa:
    1. Permanent Residency Subclass 186 Visa
    2. Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 Visa


As an applicant, you can apply through any of the above. However, you can consult with us at Visas and Work Permits to carry out an eligibility test on your profile for all of the above visa categories to know for which you will best fit. You can fill our free visa assessment form and one of our agents will get back to you to discuss your eligibility.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *