The Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Immigration
All federal Skilled worker applications are treated based on the applicants’ ability to get economically established on arrival at Canada. All who must qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must have at least 1 year of continuous full time or an equivalent fully paid work experience in the past ten years in any of the FSW 50 eligible occupations; or
- Applicant must qualify for an Arranged Employment with one of the Labour Market Opinion plus a fulltime job offer from an employer in Canada; or
- Applicant must have completed a Doctorate degree in Canada or 2 years of study within Canada towards a Doctorate degree and in both cases, in a recognized higher institution; and
- Applicant must have passed the minimum threshold of English or French Language eligibility.
In addition to the above, the Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicant must have accumulated at least 67 points which is based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) selection criteria which are listed below:
- Education: Applicant can get up to 25 points from Education
- Language: A total of 28 points is possible. The applicant can have a total of 24 from English and 4 points from French.
- Work Experience: A total of 15 points is given for skilled work experience that has been acquired within the last 10 years.
- Age: Applicants can get up to 12 points under age
- Arranged Employment: 10 points are possible under this category
- Adaptability: 10 points, also, are possible under Adaptability.
Apart from all of the above, the applicant is expected provide proof of available funds to support themselves and all their dependents on arrival in Canada. Applicant and all dependents will also have to go through a medical examination and all security clearances before visa can be granted.
VISAS AND WORK PERMITS
Are you an expatriate who needs to obtain Canadian work permit? Allow us at Visas and Work Permits to help you. You probably don’t know how eligible you are. We are Dubai work permit consultants and experts in Immigration to Canada from UAE. You can contact us by Canada immigration online chat or simply fill up our free Eligibility assessment form and we will get back to you shortly. It is advised that you run your application through an expert visa consultant before submitting at the Canadian embassy Dubai as this has a way of increases your chances.