A Student Visa is a limited visa that is issued for the purpose of study. Student visa main purpose is Study of your visit. To get a student visa applicant must have to show enough money to meet his living costs during his stay or study period. Applicant must be sure that how much money he will need while studying.
If you’re planning to study here full time for more than three months you’ll need a student visa.
Student visa requirements include:
- An educational institution which is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority issues an offer letter.
- A written document that guarantees from an institution or person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand.
- Proof of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying.
To become an eligible for the New Zealand student visa, Applicant must:
- Select the course at an education institute which should be approved by the Ministry of Education or New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- If duration of course is less than 9 months applicant must have NZD$1,250 for each month.
- If your program duration is longer than 9 months, applicant must have NZD$15,000 for each year
You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card.
Visa conditions: New Zealand student visa features
Applicant can be refused entry permission if:
- He does not meet the character requirements set by the immigration department
- Applicant circumstances changed since he was granted a visa
- If applicant refuse to let the immigration department take your photo or to provide them with your fingerprints or an iris scan.
- If applicant was unable to provide evidence of funds required during the course in New Zealand student visa.
New Zealand student visa processing time, the visa applications are processed on basis of application applied i.e
The online application processing takes 20 days
The Paper application processing take 25 days